Quote:

Believe it or not... the number of folks who viewed the pics I had posted WERE KILLING MY SERVER. We were chewing up so much bandwidth that I had to take the pics offline so that my regular visitors could make it to my site without suffering massive lag times...

I have attached some pics to this message and the following messages. Plus a few of the 'BEFORE' pics to let you know what a basketcase this puppy was...

That should hopefully inspire other owners whose cars are looking somewhat dogged...

And just to answer the question before it is asked.... I began by painting the car with Rustoleum/Tremclad Fire Red... and half-way through I switched over and finished with Brightside Fire Red paint.

Enjoy... and thanks for asking.

A nice shot of the McLaren and the Cobra... one went to a pro-paint shop ($3800) and the other was done in my garage with a roller.($250).. ( HINT : the roller job is the shinier one )

VERY VERY nice! Worth the wait to see the pics! I have always been a "Ford guy" (though I've also always appreciated other makes) and appreciated the additional info on your cars. Especially interesting about the windshield angle - I was unaware that this mod had been made to the McLarens. I'm currently driving a 2005 Ford Excursion diesel with a Superchips performance upgrade - it's great fun to smoke stock Mustang GT's with my big truck and still get decent fuel mileage - hehe!!

Thanks again for reposting the pics, Marq! I would have loved to see the look on the faces of the body shop guys (or gals) you received quotes from when you showed them your "home roller job!"

One of these days, when my Big X's paint job starts to fade (and we know it will) I'll have to seriously consider going this route, since I'm planning to keep the truck at least ten years and the cost to cover that much "real estate" would probably dwarf the quotes you got on the Mustangs!

Roll On!!!

Regards,

Last edited by Planecrazy; 01/28/08 05:01 PM.