Quote:

Quote:

One more coat and then I'll spray bomb the door jams (uggh, 4 door) and think about compounding and polishing.

Speaking of compounding and polishing, I could use some advice on doing just that. I take it you need to let the paint harden and dry completely, a few weeks. After that, what to use as far as rubbing compounds, polishes, waxes, dunno. I do recall some dunning(and justifiably so!) remarks and pictures of what Turtle Wax and a cheapo polisher will do for me. There's a bunch of Meguiars and Mothers stuff at local auto store, so if anybody has had good results with that, would like to hear.

First of all I agree with the other poster who said read every one of Aussie Drivers post. He is a pro.

Secondly I've been researching my bum off through Autopia, North American Motoring, Meguiars Online, etc a whole bunch. I've actually contacted a detailer on these forums and he gave me a list of what products I should use on my Interlux Brightside Black. He works on black cars everyday so this process is proven.

I've gotten out to purchase a Vector "lookalike" 7 inch rotary polisher. I just need to pick up a backing plate, a wool pad, and some other foam pads once my funds come in. But I am confident that I can pull this one off. I will be learning on the fly, one panel @ a time.

I will be using these products in order.

1. Wetsand from 1500 to 2000 grit. (1500 you dont need if you dont have serious orange peel. I only have serious orange peel on my roof).
2. Meguiars #84 Compound with Megs Wool Pad
3. Meguiars #80 Speed Glaze with foam polishing pad (you need several passes with a polishing pad and finishing pad).
4. Desired wax. I am gonna be putting a glaze thats gonna pop the black color, and Meguiars #21 synthetic wax.

Once August 9th hits, it is going to be 2 months where my paint had time to bake.

I'll update and share my results. I put on 8 coats total on my little Civic. This is minus the wetsanding factor. I suggest for anyone to dump as much coats as possible so that when it comes time to polishing, you won't have problems burning through the color coat.