ok another long time lurker here
first of all thanks to 69chargeryehaa for
coming up with the idea and all the rest of
top people here developing the whole system

i am hoping to paint my 1988 renault 9 with this
method in the very near future and i have been experimenting with a small can of combi color (rustoleum ) gloss black for the last few weeks
on a spare rear spoiler i have here .
the results so far are pretty promising , i have
used a 4" foam roller and a very good quality bristle brush to get rid of the bubbles which works fine .

however i have a few questions here ;

1- the original paint on my car is a creamy white
which has no laquer coat on top and i have been told this is a 2k paint . i remember reading the
older posts some people mentioning rustoleum/tremclad etc will have reactions with
2k paint ??
trials on the spoiler worked fine so far by the way .

2- also having no clear coat on the original paint can i just skip the initial 240g dry sanding step and start from 400g to key the paint ??

3- what does the flexible sanders everyone use look like ?? i have been wrapping the sand paper around a sponge to cover the non flat surfaces .
does this sound right ??

4- whats the best way of getting the flattest surface on the final wetsanding step ??
anyone tried using a guide coat before ??

5- i know this is rust paint and all that but for extra peace of mind ,can i use a brush on rust killer on bare metal (kurust, granville ) before
bondo and primer ???

6- i have gone a little impatient on the 5th coat
and went polishing after wet sanding with 1000g
to see what kind of shine i can get but in the process i took too much paint off from a few corners where i can see the original white paint
now ,is white/mineral spirits good enough to
clean the remains of the polish as i know there will be adhesion problems if i try another coat
of paint on this surface ???

here is me after 5th coat, not wet sanded !!