Wow.... just.... wow. I've spent the last month or so reading the entire thread, front to back... all 200 or so pages over 3 threads. Plus the Hot Rod Article, the rollyourcar.com page, the corvair page, etc.

And I'm going to do it. The GN and the 'Vette really convinced me as I want to try gloss black too. I'm not going to even try to start painting till maybe May when the weather heats up but in the mean time I'm going to start gathering supplies. I think I'm going to use a basecoat of Rustoleum and then switch to Brightside for the last coat or two but I'll have to order that as I'm in the middle of nowhere with no lakes nearby.

I have an '89 Buick LeSabre T Type with really bad paint. It was in a hail-storm in the late '90's and the repair job was done really poorly. The clear and spots of the paint are flaking off the roof and trunk.

Anyway, here are some shots to show what I've got to fix

Looks like I need to start with some 200ish grit paper and work the rest of the clearcoat off, pull some dents, and have at it. I'm replacing both front fenders so I'll use one of the old ones for a practice piece.

I'm going to be doing this outside in my carport so I guess I'll hose the walls down before I start and maybe hang some tarps or plastic dropsheets to keep the dust and bugs to a minimum.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the wonderful ideas and that I'll be back with more pics as I get started