Quote:

i have read on boat forums the flag blue looks black. i assume its a similar color as to some of the newer body style celicas ive seen. it looks black but you can barely tell its blue.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks.

The 'flag' blue is a deep blackish blue. It is named appropriately enough after the color used on a genuine US flag. In fact, the 'flag blue' is almost a universal color among paint manufacturers ( almost like the 'Fire Red' is similar between different paint manufacturers ).

There are some pictures in this thread ( or the part II of it ) where a Mustang was done in one of Brightside blues.

As for the color chips on the Interlux site of the Brightside color samples, I believe they are pretty good representations of the colors. And if you can get one of the actual paint chip samples from Interlux - they are pretty well identical to whats in the can.

Although as we all know, you get an entirely different perspective when it is spread out on a large surface like a car ( as compared to some one inch by a 1/2 inch sample )

Another thing that may cause some variation in the end result color and what you were expecting is the base color or primer color that you laid your coats of paint on. Its a subtle difference.

The only other thing that tends to trip folks up when viewing colors on the Internet is the quality of their monitor and video cards and whether you actually have your monitor properly adjusted to show 'true' colors.

We have also seen that the cameras taking the pictures and the enviromental conditions ( sunny day, cloudy day ) really alter how bright or dark a color looks compared to actually standing in front of it in person.

For my Fire Red... I have pictures that range drom dark red to bright orangey red ( with the bright orangey red being the true end result color ).

So this might be the problem if you place too much dependence on pictures... there are lots of variables that don't guarantee that what you see is what you will get..

Last edited by Marq; 06/04/07 07:05 AM.