Quote:

What an effing mess. I was all enthused at how my work underneath appeared seamless (especially with the glossy black paint on it) -- now, I still have a little more work to bring it down, and then a little more to bring it back to where I started before paint.

Don't dispair... I encountered a problem doing my trunk lid that sounds identical to your problem. Several coats had been built up successfully on the entire car and then for some unexplainable reason the trunk ONLY went caca.. a slobbering mess. But the rest of the coat everywhere else went on and stayed PERFECT. No reasonable explanation for why the trunk went crappy.

So in my case, I was able to take a heavily soaked cloth ( soaked with mineral spirits ) and I rubbed down the crappy trunk before the mess cured and hardened. That basically got the trunk back to where it was prior to it going south on me.

Suffice to say that the trunk presented no problems after that... but it just about sent me into depression too when it happened. Here is how the trunk looked at the end of the project :

Hopefully that pic will inspire you so that you will know that all is not lost... you may have just suffered a temporary set back..

Marq

Last edited by Marq; 06/05/07 10:47 PM.