Hello Guys, I’m another guy who’s been lurking around this thread for a while. Got to congratulate you all for your efforts and result, its inspiring stuff, and what a great guy this 69charger who let the cat out of the bag, brilliant.
I’ve a nice old Mercedes W123 USA spec. 300 Turbo Diesel with a manual box fitted. Goes well and is all good except some superficial body panels that are getting changed next week.
I’m a Brit living here in Poland part of the year, and my Polish is rotten, but I manage until I get into technical issues, like finding paint here. That’s my biggest problem, none of the paints mentioned are on sale here. It’s wall to wall Hammerite, but I’ve yet to hear of anyone using this stuff, so if anyone knows of a reference to a success with Hammerite I’d love to hear about it, please. I’m experimenting with a Polish brand of rust paint, the vendor thought I was ding-a-ling when I told him what I was doing, but even if it turns out looking OK who knows how it would hold up?
I’m currently chasing a vendor of Interlux Paints, (no idea what he stocks), up on the coast, but with my Polish and his English I’ll probably end up buying a gallon of sheep-dip?
So basically what I’m saying here is this, does anyone out there reading this thread have any ideas about what can be used that’s on the market in Poland? Maybe a reader, maybe someone from another forum, I have no idea, I’m just fishing for a “solution”