Quote:

Blackstone any updates on the Top Secret? I'm thinking of using the T-100 for a possible up coming project.

I completed my final wetsanding a few days ago, but I'm at a stand still until my brother's polisher becomes available. I don't want to buy one until my budget affords a decent-quality unit, so I tried some Turtle polishing compound with a hand applicator for now. The shine is noticeably coming out and I'm confident that I'll be able to retrieve the shine I had after coat #2(page 17) with a machine polisher and some good-quality compounds. Even with minimal hand-polishing, the shine is approaching that of my truck's current BC/CC finish.

Each of my coats landed around 25-30% thinned with TS-101 thinner. The only variation I plan to try next time is a fine bristle-type tipping brush in lieu of the foam just to see what happens. I experienced a lot of what's best referred to as "ripples" from tipping with the foam brush, but was able to sand them down to an almost-acceptable level. I suspect that the finer lines produced by the bristle-type brush may have an easier time self-leveling, saving a ton of work/time later on.

All that being said, I highly recommend Top Secret's products.

It may prove worthwhile to PM MontanaMan. He purchased a can of TS-100(white I think) back in May but hasn't chimed in yet.

Stay tuned...