Quote:

Hello All!! I'm a newbie here but I've spent the last two weeks reading away on this topic. I'm currenty serving in Iraq and should be home soon from my third long tour. I'm anxious to get home and start painting my car. I'm pretty sure I have all the information needed to get my process going.

We all wish you a safe, healthy and timely return to a world where dudes can enjoy playing with their cars instead of worrying about whether the next car on the road is bomb laiden with some fanatic behind the wheel...

Quote:

My question is--> Can two tone paint job be done?

Yes... we have seen a number of cars and trucks done here that did two two paint jobs... So yes it is doable...

Quote:

What is best procedure (ie. taping, etc)? I'm looking at a blue/grey with red stripe where they meet type of design.

Yeah that is definitely doable. But I will bow out and let some of the two tone 'experienced' lads pipe in to advise you.

Quote:

I originally wanted blue/silver but have noticed on the rusto site that they only have aluminum and its been said here that its not good.

The main problem is that the paints that had metal flakes in them or the metalized plastic flakes in them do not go on evenly and they do not take to wet sanding very well. Although there was a pick up truck here that did succeed to get a metal flake on to his pick up. His was the exception to the rule...

Quote:

So a variation of grey it is. Any ideas? I've noticed not too many two tone jobs here.

One of the nicest might have been the 240/260 Z car, where the guy did a red, white and blue ( three tone ! ) with slanted vertical stripes off the front fender and hood. There was a neat Volkswagon bug done with a burgundy maroon & black combination. A few of the pick up trucks have also been decked out nicely with two tones. So there are some folks here that have the hands on experience.