Quote:

For some of the Canadian members ...
The best price I've seen is the Canadian Tire Simoniz 7-in. Sander & Waxer, at $99.00, with the 'Porter Cable'polishers going for $199.99 & $219.99

Has a lot more power than I'll ever use ...

You are in Toronto. It was the Toronto Corvette owners that tipped me off about the REFURBED Porter Cable random orbital sanders that could be picked up for $125 at the 'repair depot' for warantee repairs of Black & Decker/Dewalt and Porter Cable products. Based on the info from the Toronto Vette owners.. I found one of the Porter Cable repair depots here in Ottawa on Laperriere Street. I picked on up for $125 and it came with a one year full replacement warranty.

So the hint we gave people a fair while back was to try to locate the nearest service and repair warranty place to their location and see if they can get their hands on one of these 'refurbed' unit.

You can locate the nearest 'warranty and repair' depot for servicing the Porter & Cable polishers by going to the P & C web site and look around it for where the nearest repair and warranty depot is to your location. Possibly you could cheat by opening up one of the P & C boxes at a regular retail store like Home Depot and checking the warranty and servicing information they provide on the pamphlet in the box

It was worth also noting that not all units returned to the refurb shop are 'used' or 'abused'. The chap at the location in Ottawa was telling me that most of his units were simply returned from the retailers because parts had been taken from the boxes - and so they send them back to these guys. They simply bag the units and add the missing parts - and put them out for sale at their repair depot.

Since you are in Toronto you definitely have access to the refurbs down there. The only problem might be that all the Vette owners in Toronto are also snapping up the refurb units down there

Last edited by Marq; 06/26/07 07:22 PM.