Quote:

Quote:

I am on the 4th coat right now, and I am still not able to get full coverage, Is this normal?

Yes it takes 4 - 6 coats to get full color coverage, if you are thinning it enough. I wouldn't worry about that and keep going.

You will need to sand out the drips on the fenders, don't wait too long to address them or it will take a while to get them sanded smooth again.

Also - its a LOT easier to take care of the drips and runs while you are still working the panel.

I found that good lighting makes a huge difference in spotting runs and drips and other errors so you can roll them out before it dries. I ended up buying a couple of the $29.95 halogen garage lights from Home Depot so I could really see what I was doing.

I had several coats that I thought looked great until I opened the garage door and got to see the side panels in real light. After that, I spent a lot of time arranging spotlights so I could see sideways down the panels. Standing up from 5 feet away it might look great, but when you put your face up the the panel and look down the side of the car you can really see what's going on.