Quote:

I live in Vancouver. Currently the temperature is close to +3 or 4 degrees celcius. It is fairly humid as well.

The higher humidity and the cooler temperatures would tend to indicate that more time is required between coats. So one week should be plenty of time for the major percentage of evaporants from the mineral spirits to escape.

With the Brightside and the Tremclad, I found that my final coats were accomplished with about a 15% mineral spirit to about 85% paint. The paint was wet but not runny.

The real trick was to minimize the amount of paint that I loaded on to the roller from the tray. I would load it up heaviliy and then squeegy it back out of the roller using the draining flat surface with its ribs in the paint tray. I would also give a little extra pressure to each end of the foam roller to offload excess paint from the ends of the foam. The idea being that the majority of paint ( that was left after squeeging it out ) was mostly located in the center of the foam roller.

Then the trick was to act like the biggest miser in the world and see just how much of the panel I could get some level of wet coverage on to with the least number of refills from the paint tray.

Normally I was able to do a panel with only 2 or 3 loadings of the roller. The hood would take usually about 3 or 4 loadings of paint.

And even then, I had my trusty clean roller in my free hand to quickly run over any spots where the laoded roller had left bubles waiting to be popped.