Quote:

That Satellite's gonna be a VERY nice car - and an ambitious new step forward for this kind of painting!! Candy & Flake!! Good luck, and can't wait to see how it turns out.

One thing - isn't it more of a phantom than a clone? Unless there really was a Roadrunner SS that you're cloning...

at the very least, a bipolar mopar. . . I like the idea of a Roadrunner SS one off, it pays homage to the satellite line which we all know was the base line for the Roadrunner, but still upgrades the car. I've tried to include a lot of historical Mopar touches, the running birds on the front fenders are an homage to the older 1st gen rrunners, the dodge stripe going from the bulge hood through the doors I think sweep well with the shape of the body and complements the full vinyl, which many of these cars have dumped. The strobes in the rear are a no brainer, I love the strobes over roof on the hardtops, so finishing it off with the strobes had to be there. I found a place on the net that will make an SS badge that will work with the roadrunner badge. The car is going to have a new Mopar 360 magnum and will be converted to a four or five speed manual transmission.

So, I ramble. . .I'm working on fixing the honeycomb grille right now, but will post pics as I finish the pieces! I figure a candy rallye green with emerald micro flakes is a natural progression. The black will be a gloss black, with black candy clearcoat and black microflakes, so you'll see that as soon as the front valance is finished.

p.s. what's cool about this thread is that the wife cannot object to me saving about 13,000.00 bucks in restoration/painting charges. My initial outlay so far just in supplies is 50 bucks, and the satellite I bought three years ago only cost me 700 bucks. So, this whole project will be on the cheap.. .which sits very well with the little lady!