Quote:

The brownish tan stuff at the top of the picture. Is that headliner/carpet adhesive?

Ha ha, no that's some masking tape over my door handle. I had a heck of a time painting around those, I strongly suggest removing them before you start to paint. Trying to paint around them is extremely frustrating, and will inevitably end up looking very bad.

I got paint on my door handles when laying down my initial 8 coats, even though they were covered up with tape. Then I found gaps between the door handle and the body that got no paint at all. Plus I got drips trying to paint around them.

So I finally took them off, sanded the body all around the handles down to the factory paint. But the Rustoleum I applied beaded up and would not stick to the factory paint, and dripped right off. So I sanded that off and tried once more, and finally got semi-decent coverage by using very thin coats and being extremely careful. I think I spent about 4 days messing with those dumb door handles, where if I had just taken them off initially, it would have been a breeze.