Quote:

Well it has been a while since I last posted and I wanted to give an update. The good the bad the ugly and the peel and dry overspray. I somewhat finished and car has paint on it and it's all put back together. Recapp I used HF HVLP gun with Rusto royal blue thinned 15% MS and around 10% flowtrol, First let me list the dont's so maybe it will help others: If you setup a makeshift paint booth and it feels like an oven that is not good, If you grabbed every 100watt and 60watt bulb you could find and it does not look like the car is sitting in daylight in fore mentioned booth it is not enough, If paint looks pretty good on car but could use another coat dont' put it on a few minutes later do it the next day other wise it won't stay peel free, If your gun seems to change it's spray pattern IE more globular don't keep going cause it does make a difference, If you feel like you are not supplying enough VOLUME of air to the gun you aren't IE reg. compressor 90PSI and reg. on gun won't go above 40PSI with trigger pulled you have too much restriction somewhere my gun said 43PSI max at gun so I just chugged along anyway not the brightest move. So to recall I made some serous errors and mistakes but I was under the gun to get project to clompletion one way or another and if time was not a factor I would wetsand and see where I stood but as of now I am done. As I put the car bak together it looks OK and a lot better than before but I was most unhappy with my lack skill when it came to the Horizontal surfaces I got that wet and dry look. here is a side shot

Hi, when using rusto paint with the HVLP, try this, use Medium speed acrylic enamel reducer, a generic type acrylic enamel hardener, such as Evercoats DOI wetlook, the hardener can be used with a 8 to 1 ratio, add reducer up to about 30 % or so, you need this paint thinned enough to shoot out and lay down properly.
Lay on 2 to 3 coats wet-on-wet, allow the paint to flash, 1st coat a lighter tack coat, followed by 2 medium coats.
I have recently tried this with very good results, the nice thing is Tremclad or Rustoleum paint mixes evry well with acrylic enamel reducer and acrylic enamel hardener, and these products are still cheap, add this to a $30 gallon of paint, still under $75.00 for the paint and supplies. I also find the overspray and mess minimal with an hvlp gun, messier than rolling but certainly not bad, if you have the space to do this, and th equipment in the first place.....