Bug turned out great

If you don't remember the username, i'm the one with the old ford truck... was painting it red/white two tone.. well i never finished the paintjob (never painted the hood).
Today i'm back on it..

here's my race truck, the reason i never got around to finishing the 4x4 restoration. This thing took quite some time to get to where it is.
And it fits in this thread somewhat because it's a rattle can paintjob from years ago

and the 4x4 with the rolled on brightside paint.
I pulled the bed and built a flatbed. This also happens to save me probably 50 hours of body work because the bed was a bodywork disaster. Although i am going to do bodywork/paint on it eventually so i can swap beds whenever i want.

Today I welded all the trim holes back up, smoothed them down, and started block sanding the truck again. The body work i did was pretty bad, i just didn't spend enough time block sanding out all the low spots i put in the old paint with the wire wheel when i was looking for bondo after i got the truck (back when it was a 2wd f100!). I have most of them blocked out already. Truck should be pretty dang straight soon.
99% sure i'm getting rid of the two tone. I like it but i don't want to run trim (it will get mangled), and two tone with no trim is hard to make look right.

Last edited by 1971ford; 06/09/11 04:07 AM.