Quote:

Marq, I wet sanded the entire car (about 3 hours worth) with 800 grit. It was 95% no peel uniform surface I'd say.. I then went and washed it off and then let it sun dry. Surface looked excellent.

I rolled another coat thinned about 40% mineral spirits. It went on so smooth. At this point for 5 coats I've used 1 and 3/4 quarts of brightside. I still have a 1/4 quart left for a coat tomorrow and then a full quart to do jams and touch up's.

I must thank you again though you saved my finish! The car looks like a glassy very glossy surface again! I'm so excited to do the next coat and then reassemble most of the trim! I'll take pictures when done.

Do me a favor and give this latest coat a couple of extra days of drying time to fully cure before laying on the next final coat.

If you want you could try a 2000 wet sanding on this current glossy coat. Just lightly pass the wet sanding... pretending that you are like a hovercraft just floating over the wetted surface.

This will take out any little surface imperfections prior to the next and hopefully final glossy coat.

I am offering up this suggestion to maximize the chances that the next layer of paint won't do anything adverse to the present 'pretty layer'.

The smoother the surface that the paint goes on... the glossier and deeper the shine...

Good luck.

Last edited by Marq; 06/18/07 11:57 PM.