Quote:

Quote:

I couldnt wait any longer to see how it looks polished so i did a quick 2000wetsand/polish/wax... 5 minutes tops for all that and i got this... in the last picture you can see some tiny scratches what would that be from? i did wetsand with 800 before the 2000 so it might just be left over 800 that wasnt sanded out.. (this was just a test to see how it cames out buy the way)

Tiny scratches... odd that they would not have been worked out during the polishing stage.

My thought would be to ask what brand of wax did you use ? ( It might be something as simple as trying a different brand ). For myself, I tried the Turtle Ice originally.. and the standard Turtle Wax... but in the end I fell in love with the McGuiars Pure Carnuba ( with the lovely banana scent ).

The other factor might be something as simple as the type of polishing rag you were using to apply and get the initial buffing up of the wax. I was using one of those 'Bag-O-Rags' that have something like 10 different types of cloth rags in them. I would use the more tee-shirtish type rages for applying the wax ( or a sponge - which isn't always the wisest )... but for the buffing of shining I would use the cloths that were more like pjama flannel or fleece. The key being that I was using my softer cloths for the final shining up of the wax.

At one point I got lazy and I would simply fold the flannel cloth in two, with the softer side face down on the wax - and then I would using my Porter Cable with the sponge on it to spin the flannel rag... to sort of simulate a 'bionic man' buffing the wax ( a couple hundred spins a minute compared to a manual 20 or 30 spins by hand ).

I know that some of those 'woolish' type polishing mitts or cloths can scar up the paint or wax.... and give the kind of markings you see in your pictures. If you have 'woolie' type polishing mitt.... ditch it

I haven't personally used a microfiber cloth to buff and shine - but some of the lads have reported surprisingly good results using them.

as aussie says a few posts up, you can't just arbitrarily jump from 800grit to 2000grit and expect it to work. you have to take all the steps along the way to level out the scratches from the grit before (i wouldn't start with 800 for a final polish anyway. start with 1000 or 1200). 2000 grit will have a hard time taking out sanding marks from anything gritter than 1500 grit. if you go from 800 to 2000 straight away you're likely just knocking the edge off the scratches from 800 grit instead of leveling them out. so instead of a smooth surface, you get scratches with dulled edges.

if you have to start at 800, then to 800 -> 1000 -> 1500 -> 2000.