I assume you are wondering if you could skip all the sanding between coats and get a flat finish? That would give it crazy orange peel, it wouldn't be flat. For a flat finish you still wouldn't want orange peel, you'd have to figure out how to flatten the paint itself.

I'm spraying paint tomorrow! Made a big mistake and rolled rustoleum primer all over the truck and it ended up being the craziest orange peel mess ever. I spent ALL day today sanding the primer orange peel down and there is still tons of it. I could spend another week doing body work and get the final product nicer but I'm worried that if i put a month worth of work into this paint them I'll be to scared to take the truck on any good trails.
SO i'll be spraying it tomorrow, so excited... really want to see how it's going to turn out. I'm not expecting much, as I know there are flaws but it's going to be a lot better than it was before, and should be pretty darn good for a 4x4 that does get used moderately.

I think i am going to spray 4 coats. The two people i found that sprayed brightside said they did 3 coats in there little build threads on rolledon, so I'm thinking i'll give it an extra coat. Then I can colorsand and buff the heck out of it if need be.