I am finishing a fiberglass hardtop for my MGB. I'm doing it on a budget, so I've been investigating roll on/brush on methods in lieu of a $400 professional spray. I don't have any spray equipment myself.

This forum has confirmed my research on Interlux topsides paint as a possibility.

I've had some concerns that the final coat will show brush marks and lint/hair/etc. unless I wet sand and polish after the final coat. However, Interlux technicals advise not to wet sand or polish the final coat, or I will damage the finish and destroy the gloss. Reading through the forums, I find that some do final wet sanding, some do not with the Brightsides paint. Do you have any experience with wet sanding these marine paints?

I was thinking to use the two part Perfection, as I thought it would look better, and be a more durable finish for a hardtop that is being taken on and off the car fairly frequently. But after reading the forums, I'm not sure any more. Cost difference is not an issue, as I'm not using much paint on the top. Is Brightsides adequate? Has anyone experience in wet sanding the final coat of the two part system?

I was also thinking that the two part system, at least the primer phase, would be better for refinishing of an old fiberglass (gelcoated) top to stabilize the surface. Am I being paranoid?