Quote:

I'm using the exact same buffer, from princess auto, and i'm using the terry cloth bonnets that came with it, and you can buy replacments at canadian tire. The key is buff, buff, buff. How long did you spend on that hood for example? I could spend about 30-45mins on just the hood, lots of polishing coumpound, spray water from a water bottle (use quite a bit of water) and don't push on the buffer, let the buffer's own weight do the work for you, you can push just a bit, but don't stress the buffer by pushing too hard.

thanks for the help. the buffer came with 2 different bonnets... one is a tighter woven one that uses a draw string to hold it on, the other is a tighter woven one that has an elastic to hold it on the buffer. I tired both and nither one stood out as being better for me.

ill try again with water today, and work it for alot longer. I was just using the compound and stopping once it got really dry and hard to work.

yesterday i sanded down the whole car... i figured my expectations would be less if i couldnt compare the buffed parts to the untouched parts (it had to be done this way, i had some dust and orange peel)