I've been reading up on this roller paint process (including dozens and dozens of pages here on moparts) so I have an understanding of the instructions and the process. I'm thinking about painting my car, possibly next summer when my schedule will allow it, and I have a couple of questions. I'm sorry if these were previously answered, I did read a ton on here but just don't have time to dig through hundreds of posts for an answer which may or may not even be here, so here goes:

First, metallic paint. I know some have said it won't work because the flakes won't be evenly distributed, which makes sense. What I'm wondering is, has anyone actually tried to roll metallic paint on a test panel, and are there any photos of the results? Or how about a rolled paintjob with just the last coat being a metallic spray? I don't know how well that'd work. I'm asking because my car is originally a light icy metallic blue, but it has a clear coat problem that's only getting worse, so it's looking flaky... and I'll be sad to lose the neat metallic quality, but I'd like to know if anyone has tried and had success or failure with it.

The other question is about the current types of Rustoleum paint. I understand people have used the oil-based "protective enamel" and also the "high performance/professional" version...but do the finishes actually come out looking any different? Is the pro. paint worth it? And has anyone tried the Rustoleum topside paint yet? I saw it on their website HERE and I see that some of you are trying out different topside boat paints, so if anybody has tried it, how does the Rustoleum version stack up?

And on a similar note, are there any paint bonding issues with using the enamel for the first coats and then finishing with a topside paint for the last couple of coats? I would think the topside would stick to the enamel paint ok, but I have very little painting experience so I'm wondering what you all have experienced with it so far.

Thanks.