I got a chance today to actually see the article about the $99 paint job that was in the Hot Rod magazine. I think they made an error in not making it their main story on the cover.

But I do believe that since they published that article, it may become one of the most sought after issues of their magazine as word of mouth spreads about it. Much the same as how word of mouth has spread this message thread on to other auto forums.

I think that article was a pretty decent representation of what has been going on here in this message thread. And as previously noted by one of the folks who first spoted that article in this month's Hot Rod magazine... they have validated that this paint method does work.

Sad to see that Charget didn't get mentioned... and even sadder that they used that beater of a Falcon for their paint job... compared to something sportier and snazzier.... but they did prove to themselves and their readership that folks can get a decent paint job by putting some sweat equity into their paint job and save bucks at the same time.