Quote:

Quote:

Are you using 100% mineral spirits or some paint thinner that contains some mineral spirits? whatever you use whether it's odor or odorless it should be 100% mineral spirits.

you say you soaked the roller then started. that's the problem if you ask me. you shouldn't be putting much paint on each coat. if that surface wasn't flat when you painted it (assuming it was) you would have runs instead of orange peel. Put it so the surface is vertical and try again with much less paint per coat. If you see runs, you're putting it on too thick. Once you see how much you need to put on (which is not much) you can do other surfaces.

100& mineral spirits? I am using paint thinner that contains mineral spirits. Does it really matter? How does one put paint on the roller then? Do I use the foam roller to brush it onto the roller?

Do not use "Paint Thinner"!

I posted something about this several days ago. Paint thinner is not pure enough and will react with enamel paint. Must be 100% Mineral Spirits. That's your problem.

This thread has been locked for some reaon. However it has been continued elsewhere on this board. Please follow this link:

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...e=0#Post2655425

Last edited by Senna; 06/04/06 08:31 PM.