I think you guys are all going to find the same thing with the rustoleum bonding and being easily scraped off. Problem is the chemical makeup of the tremclad is different. I have seen two different replies from the tech support at Rustoleum and they do not say it is the same paint only similar. This goes to show that it indeed could be very different. Not only that but rustoleum has no mineral spirits in it. Therefore as the label states it should be thinned with acetone. Mineral spirits being introduced to the chemical compound of a non mineral spirits based paint will alter it adversly. I think before we all go painting out cars with this product we shoudl do some more research. TSC Tractor Supply Company sell a rust enamel that is mineral spirits based. They offer several colors and it is about 26 dollars a gallon. The tractor implement paint they also sell that is made by valspar comes in quite a few colors. I think this may be a viable alternative for us stateside guys. That being said is anyone capable of buying a gallon or two of tremclad and shipping them stateside sometime in the future. Using rustoleum is definatly, at best, uncharted territory as far as success goes.