Quote:

I have OMNI S/S enamel that I was planning (dreading) to spray. Could this be used as discussed here?

to answer your question in a nutshell, NO, those S/S paints use primer, primer sealer, and topcoat color, and every stage requires using a reducer according to temperature and hudmidity conditions. you have to spray that stuff, it has a really small window to "flash" and needs to be sprayed. it would get really messy, really fast if you tried to roller it. you have to first prime with a compatable primer, then shoot the primer sealer, then within 10-30 mins depending on the reducer you use you have to shoot the color coat, either wait 10-30 mins, and if you miss the window something like 10 days. so the single stage paint process cannot be done this way, i have sprayed about 5 cars in total with single stage acrylic enamel with professional results in my garage. dust will be your worst enemy if you don't do it in a paint booth. some tips if your going to do it in your garage, wet the floor down before you paint, cover all your stuff in the garage you don't want over spray on, and i mean everything, make a blower system so that the room is positive pressure all the time, so air allways wants to go out of the garage and not in, also clean the surface alot with tack cloths. oh and wear a respirator, even with a high end charcol filtered resperator i was high like a kite, another reason to not do it. that's how i did it, hope that helps