Quote:

Hey guys, I just put on my first coat of Rusto paint. It came out very nicely but I am getting some mixed results here..

I mixed it to where it was almost as thin as water. I could spalsh it on the side of the bucket I was mixing in, and it would run off and leave a little film. So I started rolling on, lots of bubbles, but they popped before I could even blow on them. So I was like woohoo, I'm doing good. After rolling smoothly over the paint it started covering the hood solidly and wasn't letting any paint bleed through. I was like wtf? I was putting it on super thin, and it still did it. So I was like oh well, screw the rules and I did the whole hood. It came out nice and that was about 2 hours ago and it's pretty tacky still, but it isn't wet. Input on this problem? Is it even a problem? There is nothing else wrong, it stuck perfect and just had the normal orange peel.

Also, I had to use Rustoleum Pro, since that is all our Lowes had. It said on the back to thin with Acetone, but I used mineral spirits anyways. It worked fine, but does anyone have any input? I'll have to see what it looks like in the morning.

Should I just do three coats with wetsand in between since it went on so dark for some reason?

Is it ok to re-use the paint after I mixed it?

Thanks a lot!

That sounds fine, see how it looks tomorrow and put another thin coat on, or go straight to 600 grit wetsanding and then another coat. Your choice.