Quote:

First of all, thanks Charger for this awesome method.

I've been reading through the posts for a while now, and everything is starting to become a little confusing. Someone should definately write up a complete walkthrough that is ideal in creating the best finish possible. You could include items used and procedures. That would be fantastic. Please?

Here's a quick summary- thin rustoleum with mineral spirits to a watery consistency, apply a very thin coat using a 4" high density foam roller. wait till it dries completely, then repeat. wait till it dries, then wetsand with 600 grit.

repeat that 2 more times, switching to 800 then 1000 grit. then apply one coat, and wetsand with 2000.

I dont think there's complete agreement on how to produce the best possible finish. In fact the sanding procedure i just wrote I dont think has been tried yet in that precise way. But I think I'll try it that way the next time I try this.

It's still a work in progress and as more people try it and post their results, we'll get a better idea of the best steps to take.

At this point, there is insufficient evidence to write up any final procedure on the best way..

By the way, who changed the title to "..."? It has been "Re: paint job on a budget!?" since the beginning... so im putting it back..

Last edited by Exit1965; 04/20/06 12:26 AM.