Greetings fellow Researchers!
Thanks for the feedback. My Rustoleum mixtures didn’t include mineral spirits; I just used the Penetrol. The 3rd picture shows how the hood looked after it dried; no polish at all. I could see the reflection of my butt-ugly face head on, but I could also see minute dust specks and tiny brush marks. I’ll try to get a picture after I put on the final coat with polish. But that may be awhile too. I'm concerned that the Coach Painting site recommends polishing after 7 months of hardening! So I guess I'll have to try polishing at different stages. I’m convinced that Rustoleum is inferior to Tremclad, so we have to be a little more creative in order to get the same results as 69Charger got.
I’m just as new to this Penetrol stuff as you guys are. It’s not time tested like 69Charger’s. After I applied the mixture and let it dry I went, “Whoa, WTF just happened? I gotta show this to the others.” Since we’re all experimenting here, I just felt I had to share my observations. Others who are just about to jump in may be able to add to or enhance our findings. It’s all part of the “adventure “(as Ricklandia put it) we’re on. That's what's so freakin' cool about this thread!

And Exit1965, I can understand your thoughts about wanting to hang up your rollers. Honestly, you Mopar guys are driving works of art. They SHOULD be painted with high end paint jobs. My bug isn’t even worth half of a cheapy Earl Sheib/Maaco job, so 69Charger’s roller technique is perfect for me. Best of luck amigos!