Quote:

thanks 69charger, i'll wet sand some more tonight. How soon are you going to experiment with that clear?

ummmm, not sure when, i might just try a test peice, but i don't have a old hood hanging around. don't really feel like stripping my whole car again to add 10% more shine, but next time i need to paint it i'll defineatly try it out. interesting it says on the can to clean the surface with mineral spirits, then thin the clear with laquier thinner......interesting.... also it says to wait at least 72 hours if painting over the tremclad rust paint. it's worth a shot, espically then you'd only have to make the base color smooth and uniform, you could clear after wetsanding to a perfect finish and then buff and wetsand/polish the clear, also i opened the clear coat can up and it's allready as thin as i would like it to paint, so i don't even think i would thin the clear at all, but it looks nice in the can!!! maybe i'd thin it 2-5% just so it would increase the pot life/work time a bit...... ......the more i think about it, i really see potential for BC/CC quality, allthough it would'nt be a $50 paint job any more!!!, more like $70!!!!but the results would be . when i expiremented with it years ago i thinned with mineral spirits, and the tremclad dude said that will KILL the shine completely. i guess i should have read the can before using it.