Quote:

I tried what GTSDave suggested, and the results are encouraging-

If you look close, you can see the reflection of the grinder case. In case it doesn't show well in the pic, there is a much nicer reflection on the right side. The right side was done with Meguiars swirl remover 2.0 then the #7 glaze polish. I used a marker to show the area, and the line was taped when I was doing the polishing so the sides were totally separate. I started applying the swirl remover with my polisher, but then the !@#$* foam bonnet came off, and it was a pain to get it partially on anyways, so I did the whole area again by hand a couple times.

The left side I treated with only the #7 glaze, so the difference is the swirl remover.

Staring into it, I can see my mug staring back now, which I couldn't on the microscratchy side. I bet it would be even better if I had used the machine the whole time or used a more aggressive scratch remover like Dave did. I will do it again when I've got the bonnet all the way on. It does look like most of the swirl marks are gone now, but there are other tiny imperfections..not sure what from, probably there all along.

If it's sunny tomorrow I'll haul it into the sun for some pictures compared to the left side.

Nice dude, that looks nice! Keep going