Quote:

Still following this forum. I said I would post pics. of my progress. They are in my computer, but as yet have found a way to post to this site, will keep trying. Anyway, I have numerous panels that have been sanded down to 2000 grit. I can't scrach the paint. etc. The oldest panel is about 2 weeks old, but when I try to buff, not much happens. I was wondering if the paint needs to cure for 3 months as some would suggest, i.e. before waxing. Maybe I am using the wrong approach, but I am using the cheap polishing compound, and a wool buffing pad. It just tends to ball up. I'm confused, any help with buffing, and the right supplies would help. Thanks.

What do you mean not much happens? Make sure you're looking at it from a side angle so you can see the effect of polishing, this is where it seems to make the difference. As for technique, I stumbled through it, put some of the polish on the bonnet, wet it down a bunch, then sprayed the panel with water to make sure there was enough moisture, and just ran the buffer over it for a few minutes. It seemed to work for me.

Also are you looking at it under flourescent light? It looks better in natural light, or at least when there's something to reflect when viewing it from the side.