Quote:

I'm having some problems with the final wetsand. I'm not sure why, but when I wetsand all the orange peel out after the 6th coat, some of the paint will flake off in the corners and also the old paint shows through a little bit in some spots. Does anyone know why it is doing this? I'm thinning the paint correctly, I have done all the steps as told to do them. My final wetsand is with 2000 grit while not putting any pressure on the sandpaper, just lightly rubbing it across the surface. I really don't have any orange peel, it just roller marks. Can anyone help me? Is it something to do with my paint? I'm using the odorless mineral spirits. Please help, this is driving me crazy.

Also, the paint is scratch proof, not put on too thick or anything. I'm out of ideas.

One thing though, I got some 400 and 600 sandpaper from Lowes, and then 800, 1500, and 2000 from Walmart. (3M brand from Walmart, and GatorGrit brand from Lowes) The 800 3M sandpaper feels like the 400 Gatorgrit. Could this be causing it? Thanks

Anyone?