Quote:

The red SHOULD polish out as good as the white, but I can't get it to. Thie white is the "PROFESSIONAL" and the red is the regular stuff, maybe that has something to do with it? The red had almost 3 weeks of drying time before I even wet sanded it. Some areas I wet sanded with 1500g 7 or 8 times and polished over and over and over again. In the light, I can see tons of microscratches in it. Thie white paint is nice and glossy and smooth, in fact I hardly did any wetsanding and it looks good. I could work at it more and get it to look even better, but my right arm is still recovering

i think it's your polishing technique/products. white will always look better because it doesn't show scratches or swirling hardly at all. the darker colors are harder to buff out properly and i'd suspect that you won't be able to buff out 1500grit marks fully by hand. if you could work up to 2000 gt and then 3000 gt you might be able to polish it by hand. otherwise you'll need to use some sort of buffer. either an orbital or rotary. rotaries, however, can be very dangerous to your paint and can burn through.

my advice on the polishing is that if you're not going to buy a proper polisher (and more importantly, good pads) then you're going to have a tough time of it. if you're not experienced with rotaries, i'd stay away from them and try to do it with an orbital instead since they're much less dangerous to your finish. most rotaries come with a cheap backing plate and a wool sleeve type thing. if you don't have further pads to do finer polishing you're just going to end up with hazy paint.

back on page 28 i did a test part and polished it up really nice. but i have a ton of weird polishing products for my cars already.
check it out, about halfway down the page.

page 28