Quote:

The more I read this strng the more I am coninced that although the results for some of you are good. It is starting to look to me that if your time is worth anything at all you would be ahead of the game by spraying a little more expensive paint and being done with it.

that would be true if you have the space, and equipment not to mention the skill!!! having done both i would agree with you, but once you have the technique down pat it's actually alot eaiser then spraying. also spraying requires alot more skill, there's primers, primer sealers, paint, reducers, re-coat windows, ect...alot more can go wrong when you spray, for the first-timer (ie-amateur) this method is eaiser, and alot eaiser to fix if you mess up, not to mention that if it does'nt workout for you your only out a few $, instead of $300 of material, and a huge mess on your hands (been there, done that!!!) the first time i sprayed paint it really messed up, i probally created 4 times the work it would have took if i knew what i was doing. i would consider myself a seasoned semi-pro do-it-yourself painter in the spraying department. i can spray a car with basically professional results in my garage. i was going to spray the charger but it barley fit in my garage, not enough room to confortably work around it to spray. since i was a seasoned roller painter i just rollered it!!!! i'm very happy with the results, no complaints. I guess it's easy to say "just spray it" if you know how, but to a newbie spraying is scarry, it's also a valid fear as ALOT can go wrong.