This thread is soooo cool!! The advise and observations you guys share is fantastic. No wonder this thread is so popular.

I got the Penetrol from Home Depot. Sometimes I found it by the paint equipment, sometimes by the mineral spirits. If you can’t find it, get help from an employee- tell them you’re looking for stuff to “paint your car with.” The expression on their face should be worth the $9 price. The Flood web site you pointed out also has a Store Locator.

I really enjoy this technique. Sanding helps me get rid of the head aches I get from work.(My buddies tell me sanding GIVES them headaches.) I don’t know, something about focusing on “smoothing the rough spots” seems to relax me. When I start painting with the brush, and using the Coach Painting technique (picture an airplane landing then taking off) that’s also relaxing, similar to those Zen dudes who smooth out rock gardens into river patterns. In honor of 69Chargeryeehaa, I’ve dubbed the effect, “Yeehaa Yoga.” But then again… it could be from sniffing that Penetrol. Like Ricklandia says, be careful with that stuff guys!