Quote:

Quote:

...if you view it in the sun, can you see bunches of very small scratches? I wonder if some swirl remover or more time with the polisher would get the surface scratch free and shiny again..

I tried rolling then spraying...seemed to lay down ok just much orange peel. Now the problem, buffing causes scratching. A friend of mine who is a "pro" says it's because there is no hardener...the paint will stay soft causing it to be almost unbuffable...probably ok for "budget paint"...i guess I was expecting too much.

Since I painted the whole car, today I am learning to use "aircraft stripper" !! Chuck

That's unfortunate Chuck. I know there are varying definitions of "soft" but the thin layers put on correctly with a roller seem to be very hard. In my experience, the thicker a layer is the softer it feels.

I am hoping anyway that thin layers with plenty of dry time will result in a surface that can be buffed (or whatever takes the microscratches out). I did a small patch by hand with some swirl remover and even that showed an increase in shine. My bonnet was not staying put on my buffer or I would have spent more time on it with a machine, but the results by hand were promising.

if you look at pics posted by Admactanium and JeffS, you will see a nice shine there.

here is jeff's original post where he talked about buffing..

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=2539474&page=0&vc=1