Quote:

My intentions are not to add to the confusion about all the different types of paint that might achieve the same results. If Tremclad was available locally, I wouldn't even bother looking for alternatives, but it isn't, so I am.

I went to my local Sherwin-Williams store and asked what they had comparible to the Tremclad/Rust-o-leum Alkyd paints.

The first thing he did was look on the internet and studied the data sheet for Tremclad, then he showed me their version of the same product (Sherwin-Williams Patent of the same product).
Name: Exterior Alkyd All Surface Enamel A11 Series
The Can states that it controls rust and erosion.

The data sheet states similar cure times as the rust-o-leum products.

I bought one quart of the white and had it tinted seafoam green.

Anyway, I'm testing a 2 ft/sq area of both (Sherwin-Williams brand) as well as the Rust-o-Leum brand on the test subject below. An unrestored 1958 F100 that runs and drives perfect.
Should look good in the old Sefoam green and white.

I went to my local sherwin williams too, but they pointed me to a DTM enamel which they only sold in gallons, for indoor/outdoor. I wasn't going to buy a gallon, so I passed. If your test area turns out well with it, perhaps i'll check them out again to see if your product is available here (might be a California thing).