I think I'm going to look in to seeing what it will take to tint some of the white to match the good old Plymouth White, AKA, W1. Until some time well beyond the forseeable future, funds around here aren't going to be what they once were, now that Monkey Boy is here. So, instead of a shiny new paint job for Elvira AND the Fury, I'm going to go "Pro Patina (TM)" on Elvira. I've already got the paint for the Fury, so that's a done deal. However, the 37-year-old paint on Elvira really is good enough on 90% of the body that I can probably just buff it out and get a decent shine. On the rest of the car, like the hood, DS fender, and bumper filler, I just need to make it match close enough for a driver. That's what she is, after all. So, if I can get the Rust-O to match W1, I'm willing to give this a try. In this photo, her last public outing (Fall, 2004...), she's wearing a Plastikote touch-up spray bomb on the DS fender.

I did that fender in the carport the night before the show, and it turned out OK. White hides a multitude of sins, and the sun shines A LOT down here... BUT, the distinct advantage of rolling it on is that my wife won't have conniptions about me painting in the driveway. Plus, those little 6oz cans are JUNK, I had to throw three of them out at half full because they started puking paint out from under the nozzle. I've got some investigating to do...

Clair

Last edited by Clair_Davis; 02/07/06 11:07 PM.