Quote:

Buddha - can you see a significant difference between the odorless mineral spirits and the "odored" mineral spirits? Especially in the amount of "orange peel"? I'm two coats into doing the lawn tractor and I don't feel as though I'm getting as smooth coats as I'm seeing from some of the other folks. I'm still using the odorless spirits and I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the effort to track down some of the other kind. I had to take last week and the weekend off (out of town) but hope to pick it back up this weekend for coats 3 and 4.

I am using orderless too and I have very little orange peel.. it looks a little lighter than the OEM paint jobs at its worse.. I am using tinted pastel StopsRust paint though.. don't know if it makes a difference. It dries very fast. Well, about 2-3 hours the tacky feeling goes away but still can feel it a being a little soft.. then 5-7 hours it is rock hard and passes the alien nail scratch test. I am putting thin coats though.. Thinner than what Buddha is doing I think.. and bubbles pop almost instantly.

-Serpent