I usually use 320 for my final prep. For Bondo, I use a long board with 36 to get it straight, the I go to 80 with the long board, and finally 120 long board before prime. After the prime I will use the 320 to make sure the primer is flat, then wipe, and paint. The key is to make sure your surface prep is good.

If I am using gray primer, I mist a darker color primer over the panel. Usually black, sandable primer. I then go back over it with my 320 ALWAYS use a sanding block. You will see the black primer stay in the low spots. It also will show you scratches in your pimer/bondo.

I haven’t updated my web site in a long time. I crashed a hard drive and didn't re-install my software properly. I will try to work on it in the next week. I had lots of pictures of the bodywork I did with my GTS. Once I do I will post a message to check it out. I don’t have lots of $$$ to spend on my cars so most of my bodywork I did the cheap way. Using old tools I had and a few new ones. I took lots of pictures, and did it all in my garage.

Keep practicing and you will get your own technique down. Every person that does body work will tell you a slightly different method they use. Once you have done enough of it yourself, you will find what works best for you.

I always keep an open mind, and find that I pick up little tips all the time that help make it easier for me to get better and better. Once you get your own technique down you will see that you will be able to get it done much faster, and with better results.

I don’t paint cars for a living. I was a mechanic, then electronic tech in the Air Force. I got into painting my own cars back in High School after getting prices to have one of my old cars painted. I know now that the prices were because of all the labor involved. But I have time, and I am willing to do my own labor, so I just had to teach myself how to do it. You guys are on the right track, and with practice and patience you will get great results.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com