Quote:

Ok, so i have the get alllll the white circles out? Even though they arent bumpy? I had some bumpy circles but those were bubbles that dried up and i got rid of them.

I'm wetsanding with fingers and well now i see it isnt working very well. The bLock is really small and takes forever!! LOL. I guess i'm gonna have to suck it up and scrub hahaha.

PS: Exit1965 Good to see you back in the game This stuff isnt that bad lol, i'm in such a big mess but i'm gonna keep going. GL To u too

well, do you HAVE to get all the "white circles" out? You don't HAVE to do anything (I tell that to my wife all the time - she still doesn't get it ) But... if you want a super smooth paint job, you're gonna need to get rid of them. Looking at the photo you took of the door, you can see exactly what they are; high spots (bumps) in the paint. They only look white because the sandpaper scuffed them, and they're high enough that the sandpaper didn't get down into the "valleys" between them (which is why the valleys still look glossy). This is where sanding with a block is important, using a block will give you a flat surface when sanding so you'll KNOW/SEE the high spots and low spots. Make sense?

Be careful - you really dont want to "scrub", as in applying alot of pressure, you risk "scrubbing" off all the paint, or worse - sanding it unevenly. When you're wetsanding, keep that surface moist. I use a spray bottle, and when I feel like the sanding block is starting to "grab", give it another spritz of water. Smooth and steady. One way to tell that you've sanded enough, like 69 says, the entire surface will look smooth - like velvet. Now, if you REALLY want it smooth, you do like GTS suggests; when you think you're done, spray the area with a primer of contrast (dark primer on white paint/light primer on dark paint) then block sand it ALL OFF! If you did it right, you wont see any of the primer left. If you didn't, you'll see spots of the primer left in the "low" spots (scratches/dents/etc). That's hardcore!