Quote:

The paint I was using wasn't shaken, but when I stirred it up I made a few bubbles which went away pretty quick, I dont think any of them stayed on once i started rolling.

When I roll, I make a few bubbles though and they seem to go away on their own, then when I very lightly roll over the area a minute or 2 after first applying, it evens out the extra tiny glob of paint left by the bubble. The thinner you get the mixture, the quicker the bubbles go away in my experience.

you get excessive bubbles if you put too much mineral spirits, also just stir it, if it is shaken in the store wait at least 4 days to let all the bubbles come out of the paint. after you paint, wait 2 mins, and then just use the weight of the roller and go over it, the bubbles can also be eliminated by just gently blowing on them, then using just the weight of the roller over them as exit1965 described. before you paint make sure that you really mix the paint in the pan before you paint, if you think you mixed it enough, mix it again or you'll get excessive bubbles. also when you look in the tray, after you load the roller up and then squeeze the paint out, if you see any bubbles sitting on the top of the paint then you need to use a peice of paper towel, and lightly "skim" the surface of the paint in the pan to get rid of the bubbles, once you do that your good to go for as long as that paint lasts. sometimes i find no matter how well you mix it the mineral spirits rises to the surface. 90% of them are eliminated by mixing, mixing, and mixing again, then mix!!!! if you get excessive bubbles still, then add more paint to the mix to dilute the ratio, that usually means you have a tad too much mineral spirits. and the 2 mins after you paint, the bubbles might be there, once again gently just blow on them, and then just using the weight of the roller, you still may see where the bubble was, but as long as there is no bubble the paint will level. everything takes time, don't expect it to happen instantly, wait 2 mins before you freak out!!! it sounds like a pain in the but, but once you learn how to "read" the paint, and get the feel for it you should be able to to a coat on the whole car (not including the door jambs and trunk...) in 1 hour. i would paint in the morning, then again in the evening, then the next morning wetsand, then paint, then again in the evening; repeat.