Quote:

The car was primered with what I beleive is a urethane primer (typical grey, nice and smooth, not rattle can).

Prioer to painting, I did some bondo work on a few areas I wanted to smooth out and I tossed a little rattlecan primer on top of that. Once everything was dry, I first sanded it all with 150 and then followed it with 320 grit, I washed the entire car down with simple green and used a brush to scrub everything, then I let it dry and wiped it all down with a rag and mineral spirits. I waited a few hours to make sure everything was dry and I started rolling on the paint...

I think surface prep is part of your problem. most polyester fillers (bondo) absorb water. using a water based product like simple green could trap moisture in there, and using a slow-flash solvent like mineral spirits probably doesn't help, either. for the rustoleum, I'd probably go rougher on your sanding of the primer, maybe 180 grit. then instead of using a water based degreaser or mineral spirits, I'd wipe it down with lacquer thinner or brake cleaner and then paint. also, the two guys having the problem with regular rustoleum are in CA. wouldn't be suprised if your formulation is different. I'd probably stick with the professional or industrial stuff if I were you.

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)