Quote:

Looks great for a fridge! Now do a car

gotta be honest with you, even though I managed to learn quite a bit with this technique, I'm not sure I'm convinvced... yet. Fortunately, I still have lots of other work to do on the car before I'm ready for paint. I did the beer fridge with the "consumer" grade Rustoleum, and haven't tried the "Professional" grade yet although I don't expect it to perform much differently. I'm real curious to see how the paint performs once it's had a chance to harden properly, a month or two perhaps. Right now, it feels quite soft and I have no doubt that if I tried I could dig up some paint with a fingernail. Having never painted a car before, I honestly don't know if that could be expected of a "traditional" spray job or not. In the mean time, I got eyes on my riding mower, which sits out in the Florida sun 24/7/365. It'll go a long way in convincing me to see if this paint can stand up on the mower after a few months of abuse.

EDIT: THE FINAL COAT IS NOW ONE WEEK OLD AND I GAVE IT THE "FINGERNAIL" TEST. PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS, COULDN'T EVEN MAKE A DENT IN IT.

Last edited by Ricklandia; 03/15/06 11:33 PM.