Quote:

$240 or even $300 is still an excellent deal in my book.
The roller results look amazingly good, but....When I think about how time consuming the prep work is, on a $3500 car I would ante up and spray every time...even if it meant borrowing the gear to do it. Just

The attached was done with Matrix, and was about $500 to $700 in sprayable materials. Epoxy primer, 2k sanding primer, and base/clear urethane....I made a few mistakes on it but it ain't bad....I wanted hardener in every component to try and make sure it would hold up over time.

I'm not trying to pee on the thread, though, so please commence with the roller experiments and have fun Just wanted to mention there are many levels of "budget"......

funny thing is that i completely agree with you!!!!, the roller method i did on the charger only because i could'nt fit the damm thing in my garage and confortably have space to shoot the car. the orange beetle i actually only did with the rust paint to see what it would look like orange because that was the original color, but the thing turned out so nice i left it. plus the beetle is a super small car and was really easy to paint with the roller. if i had the space and time, and a booth i would definetly spray, but i don't have a booth, and i'm not too sure spraying in your garage is really that good for you!!! even with a high-end respirator i still got high in 10 mins, and was picking paint colored snot out of my nose for a week, funny how that paint get's into crack and holes you never knew you had. the roller process is very clean, and actually easy to do. it all depends on your situation, with spraying, if you can do it, then by all means do it, i'd highly reccomend using a booth, or at least make a home made ventaliation system or you'll smoke your self out fast!!!! that's the only reason i did'nt spray. i'm not saying i'll only roller paint for the rest of my life, i'm open to spraying or rollering, but it al depends on the situation, for now, i'm sticking with the roller because i'm getting the same results in quality/finish, with less work. besides all the body work is done, if i were to spray the charger tommorow, it would just be a prep and paint, i don't have to re-do the whole car.