Quote:

This is great man, I read it last night, and im trying it today!
So all i can do today, is prep the car, and paint one layer, correct?
Tommorow i will wet sand, and then paint once more, correct?
Should i paint right over the paint? or should i sand down to metal. I just went and looked at the test door.
Its on an old boom truck, and there is still a company sign on it. I will remove the sign, and that will leave little sticky behind, so i guess i will have to sand that down. What grit do i get?
I would like to sand the entire test area.
THANKS!!!

Better read it again there are 2 coats between wetsandings. I have done 2 coats in one day with about 8 hours between them, not sure about doing it any sooner than that. In my experience the paint surface gets smoother as it dries so I wouldn't want cover a still drying, orange peely area with more paint.

I've wetsanded after 10 hours (put coat on before i went to work, came back, had dinner, then wetsanded).

Don't forget to roll over the area with just the roller, very lightly, a couple minutes after you've first applied it smoothly. It will probably look orange peely at first, and running over it again will make smaller orange peelies appear, but they will disappear after it dries as long as you've got the right thickness.

No need to sand to bare metal, just get it somewhat smooth. I prepped the surface last with 150 grit (probably sounds way too rough) but the finish came out fine.