One thing to add about scratch resistance. I used the regular tremclad I had laying around, in an almondy color similar to what exit1965 used. I used this about two years ago on my Satellite, but I did it to coat the inside of the floors. The color's under the rug so I don't see it, but I used it because the floors had some surface rust starting. Used a wire wheel to take it off then tremcladed it. I can speak about the cure time on that one. During the day I left the windows open and often the doors open as well. After a week like that if I closed up the windows/doors for a hour or so, the interior would still smell like paint. Threw my rug in and re assembeled my interior. It still smelled like a hint of paint for the next several weeks, but then was gone. And I noticed that before I put the rug back in, which was at the one week mark, the paint was still soft feeling. Not tacky, but soft. Granted, I did put the paint on straight with no watering down, but I can for sure say from my experience that it takes at least a good month to fully cure.