baku - if you push your thumbnail onto it then drag your thumbnail sideways (like slicing), does it not do anything?

I was just out in my garage earlier scratching all of the various test areas I've done, red, almond, standard, professional, using my fingernail and slicing sideways. On my car, with hard paint, I am unable to slice sideways or any other way.

I checked out a "1 day paint and body" today in Sacramento. Its a bad sign when you walk in and the two people working there are sitting in the office reading the funny pages. The few cars that were there did not look very good, way too much orange peel. Maybe slathering it on thick is the only way they can keep that 5 year non-prorated guarantee of theirs. So far I've got a couple prices- $500 from Miracle to shoot it with BASF urethane SS and a sealer, or $1200 from a better body shop for PPG Deltron BC/CC, if I bring it in primered up and ready to go. And I'd have to do the color sanding, which I'm fine with since its just time consuming. If I spent $1200 though I'd have a paint job worth more than that. That's a paint job on a budget, isn't it? Choices choices..

Im willing to part with some more $ in testing this rustoleum stuff, just everything I've tried doesn't harden enough, and all the hardeners I read about are highly toxic and I dont really want to mess with that since it requires so much working with. I've already spent probably 70 dollars on this thing, which is 14% of a $500 SS paint job with shine, metallic and very hard surface.