Thanks Superchango. I think I'll stick with a stock color like canvas white, that way I can buy the matching rattlecans too.

That canvas white I put on last night, 24 hours ago, is still tacky! The weather here has been cool and rainy most of those 24 hours, so I think that the weather is to blame.

Thinking back, I posted a picture of professional almond color where some stuff had come to the surface and peeled away the paint-- what I think it was is not some oil trapped on the surface, but the mineral spirits themselves trying to get out on wet coats that I put more coats over. Had I let it dry long enough, that wouldn't have happened I am betting. It seeems to explain the scratchability too- I was leaving anywhere from 8-10 hours between coats, in this foul weather, and I know I put paint over tacki surfaces before too.

Case in point, I now have 2 coats of the black rustoleum on, which I put on during fair, dry weather, and it is unscratchable. The first coat was very dry, and had no tackiness whatsoever when I put the 2nd coat on. Now both coats are dry, and it's "tough as nails".

Sorry I doubted people's inability to scratch the stuff, I really needed to wait more than the 8-12 hours before recoats in the weather I was painting in. I don't have super alien fingernails after all..